Note: The below screenshots are from an Apple device. The procedures are essentially the same for the Android mobile app and Kindle, but the steps or screens may differ slightly.
What You'll Need
- XFINITY On Campus account
- DVR service enabled
- Access to the XFINITY Stream app via Apple, Android or Kindle
- An active Internet connection
You can download and watch completed recordings from your DVR while connected to campus WiFi.
Only completed recordings can be downloaded to a mobile device. When you download a program to your mobile device, it is checked out and cannot be viewed on other mobile devices or computers until it is checked in.
To download a completed recording:
1. Open the XFINITY Stream app while connected to your campus network.
2. Swipe left to right to open the main navigation.
3. Tap For You to see recently recorded programs or Recordings to see all of the recordings stored on your DVR.
4. Scroll through the recordings and tap the recording you want to download.
5. On the recording details screen, tap Download to start downloading the selected program.
6. The recording details screen displays Downloading and a progress bar of the percentage complete. The speed of the download depends on the strength of your WiFi network.
7. When the download is complete, options to Watch or Return the recording display on the recording details screen.
Congratulations! You can now download recordings from your DVR to your mobile device to watch them on the go.