The Xfinity Stream app is now available on Amazon Fire TV!
The Xfinity Stream Beta app on Fire TV devices lets Xfinity on Campus users enjoy the content available with their school subscription from their Amazon Fire TV device.
It's available on most Fire TV devices. Any Fire TV running Android 4 or earlier isn’t supported. Visit the Amazon App Store to download the latest version.
Activating Instructions - Getting Started
You'll need to create an Amazon account and link it to your compatible Fire TV device before downloading the Xfinity Stream Beta app. See detailed instructions on how to create an account and link a device here.
- Launch the Xfinity Stream Beta app. If your Fire TV device hasn't been activated, you'll see the Welcome screen. Select Get Started to continue. If your Smart TV has already been activated, you'll see the main menu.
- The Activation Code screen will appear on your Fire TV device. On another device (like a mobile phone, tablet or laptop - not from your Fire TV), go to xfinity.com/authorize to continue the activation process. You'll need to click the Xfinity on Campus Students Sign in Here link to bring to pick your school.
- From the web browser on your second device (not the Fire TV), enter the six-digit code provided from the Xfinity Stream Beta app.
- The web browser will show a “Success!” message, notifying you that your Fire TV device has been activated and the activation screen on the Xfinity Stream App will update shortly.
- You'll see the main menu. You're ready to begin using the app!
Navigating the Xfinity Stream App for Fire TV
- The Xfinity Stream app will open to show Featured and Just Recorded content.
- Using the Navigation circle pad on your Fire TV remote, scroll through the options and press the center Select button to choose an option.
- Press the Menu button (the button with three lines) to bring up more options.
- To return to the Xfinity Stream app home screen, press the Back button (the button with the arrow).